Questions or Help
Before logging a suspected bug, please search known open bugs. If you have more information to report about this bug, please post a comment to the appropriate issue. Otherwise, you can post a new bug, using the ‘Bug’ label.
Posting an Issue
If you find a bug, or simply want to report an issue with the software, please log a GitHub Issue. Github Issues
Anyone in the GCD community and a member of GitHub can respond, and the development team will recieve a notification. Please be patient in your response. We don’t have any budget for supporting users, but we do try and respond to most issues when we can. Just bare in mind that the development team, all have full-time jobs and any support we do of GCD users is usually on donated time.
This video shows you how to post an issue and some helpful things to include:
Please always include following information:
- Version of GCD you were using (e.g.
- Version of ArcGIS (e.g.
- What you were trying to do.
- Copy of exception error thrown, if relevant (just copy and paste from error dialog)
The issue posting in GitHub uses markdown syntax. Below is a template you can copy and paste if helpful:
I was using GCD 7.0.10 in ArcGIS 10.5.2, and I performed a morphological analysis, and attempted to delete it from my project. The following handled exception was thrown:
deleting morphological analysis is not implemented. --- Stacktrace --- at GCDCore.Project.Morphological.MorphologicalAnalysis.Delete() in D:\Code\gcd\gcd\GCDCore\Project\Morphological\MorphologicalAnalysis.cs:line 283 at GCDCore.UserInterface.Project.TreeNodeTypes.TreeNodeItem.OnDelete(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Code\gcd\gcd\GCDCore\UserInterface\Project\TreeNodeTypes\TreeNodeItem.cs:line 147 Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 Date: 4/3/2018 2:34:05 PM
It looks like it actually deleted the information form the file folder
D:\0_GCD\GCD7.0.10\Rees\Analyses\CD\DoD0001\BS\BS0001\Morph\MA0001, but it is still in the project. Rees.gcd.txt
- Zipping up your
*.gcdproject and sending us a link of the complete project can really make it easier for somone to help you troubleshoot (e.g. this Rees.GCD Project ).
- Information about the file paths where the problem occured (e.g.
D:\0_GCD\GCD7.0.10\Rees\Analyses\CD\DoD0001\BS\BS0001\Morph\MA0001) You’d be surprised how often problems are simply do to spaces or unsafe characters in a folder name or file name.
- If you don’t wan’t to provide a complete copy of the project, just making a copy of the
*.gcdproject file and changing the file extension to text and uploading it to your post can help a lot (see video)
- Record a video of what is going wrong (we recommend FastStone Capture, post it to YouTube or Vimeo, and share the link (DO NOT SEND VIDEOS as attachments! No one wants to download your video, just stream it). Videos can be really helpful for helping us understand what you’re doing and what is going wrong.